Sunday, October 12, 2014

Say What? My 28th Birthday! With Tribute to Jourdan Bradley

 
This year my birthday landed on Monday, so I decided to celebrate over the weekend before my birthday. 

I didn't do anything extravagant, just celebrated with those who I consider near and dear to my heart.
I want to say a special thank you to those who took the time out of their lives to spend time with me. I had an amazing time with you all. 





I also want to dedicate this post to a young life that was lost on Friday afternoon. 

Jourdan Bradley

October 25, 1989
-
October 10, 2014


EMEMBER me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go, yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad
-Christina Rossetti (1830-1894)
 I did not know Jourdan personally, but my younger sister was very good friends with her. 
Despite what the the media has reported, I wholeheartedly believe that she was not racing, 
and that this tragedy was indeed a matter of poor circumstances and an accident. 
As for the other car involved, I urge you to come forward with your side of the story. 
Please put the rumors to rest, and show the world that you are indeed the loving, caring and compassionate soul that I assume that you are.

Phil Chumley, I know you will make it through, Jourdan is watching over you, and she will see that you make a full recovery. 

Hold a Moment of Silence tonight for Jourdan.
Rest easy, Beautiful

XOxo: That Girl Rika

No comments:

Post a Comment